tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fabian Sommer <fasom...@web.de>
Subject Re: NIGHTMARE
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 17:27:18 GMT
I disagree with the point that installing tomcat is a nightmare, but
making it work properly with apache and understanding how to deploy an
own web application takes a lot of time, although you might be familiar
with strange applications...
And you are always stuck in problems where you don't get any idea of
what is wrong because of error messages which don't tell you enogh.

btw: does anybody know if there is a possibility to catch tomcat error
stack when tomcat itself crushes? I had a problem of tomcat crushing
each time i tried to access my application, and i didn't know what was
wrong! By accident i recognized that there was only missing the
mm.mysql-driver in my class-directory. But i didn't expect tomcat to
crush without any error message - i expect that i would have found the
error much earlier if i would have got the complete java error stack for
tomcat main-app...

thanks for comments...