tomcat-users mailing list archives

From todd tredeau <t...@wisernet.com>
Subject Re: Is there a native JDBC driver for MS Access?
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 14:47:23 GMT
There is NO native Access Driver... for NON-Microsoft Platforms... OBDC
only... It is possible to run a JDBC Driver to get to an ODBC Connection
on a Microsoft Machine. For developers, I believe even Microsoft
suggests you use Foxpro. There is a fellow who wrote a Class 4 JDBC
Driver for Foxpro, and it works great.... I've been working with him on
better UltraDev Integration. There will be File Locking Soon, that will
allow native foxpro applications to seemlessly work with web applications.

http://www.hxtt.net/jdbc.html

todd
http://www.wiserlabz.com
collaborative effort to promote Novell and Open Source solutions

Adrian Beech wrote:

>G'day all,
>
>Is there a native JDBC driver for MS Access?  A few postings I've seen in the list archive
make mentioned that the JDBC/ODBC bridge is a bit dodgy.