tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nancy Crisostomo Martinez" <>
Subject session object [urgent!]
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:05:10 GMT
Hi everybody!

I need your help..
I'm trying to track some attributes I added to the session object, but I

I have an html file (main.htm) which opens a new window browser
(validate.jsp) when you press a button to access to one service...
Then when the user is validated in the validate.jsp file, I added two
attributes to the session object like this:

     if (validUser(id_Usuario)){

and finally the window is closed and another new window is opened (
portal.jsp ).

                     return eval('close()')

The portal.jsp file is formed by frames:

          <FRAMESET rows="75,250*" frameborder="0" border="0"
                  <FRAME name="FrameArriba" scrolling="NO" noresize
marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" SRC="arriba.htm" frameborder="0">

                 <FRAMESET cols="128,127*"  border="0" framespacing="0"
                         <FRAME name="FrameIzquierda" scrolling="NO"
marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" noresize SRC="izquierda.jsp"
                         <FRAME name="FrameServicio" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" noresize SRC="blanco.jsp" frameborder="NO" >

                       Su browser no acepta Frames.

In the left frame (FrameIzquierda) I have a jsp file (izquierda.jsp)
that reads the new session's attributes (numero,edad) and they are
displayed perfectly when the
portal.jsp file is opened. Moreover, in the right frame I put a jsp file
(blanco.jsp) that also reads the attributes 'id' and 'ag' and they are
perfectly displayed too.
But the problem becomes when I click a link placed in the izquierda.jsp
file :

The top.jsp file also reads the attributes (numero, edad)...
In both cases the session's attributes are not displayed, they only
return a "null" value,  and the session id (session.getId()) is
differtent because when the link is
pressed, a new session object is I don't know how to fix
I really need to get the two attributes I stored previously in the
session object...

Could you please help me???
I'm desperate!!

Thank you in advance..