tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Amadi <>
Subject Unable to load class
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:19:50 GMT
Hi there having problrms with this one Please note that i was able to
get the dbtags running albeit i need to get a connection to
MySql Database using the mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar file that is also in my
/WEB-INF/lib subdirectory of my web application<bbnp>.
I assume that the dbtags

Copy the dbtag  library descriptor file to the /WEB-INF subdirectory of
my web application. <bbnp>.

Copy the tag library JAR file to the /WEB-INF/lib subdirectory of my web
application. All my Jar's reside here?

Add a <taglib> element to my web application deployment descriptor in
/WEB-INF/web.xml as below:

web.xml file:

I assume that i follow these steps to configure my web application with
this DBTag library: to get database connections.

My error log as below:

viewMySql.jsp [9:0] Unable to load class
Errors compiling viewMySql.

Cheers Chuck Amadi
Systems Programmer

To unsubscribe:   <>