tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Thomas <alexander.s.tho...@gmx.de>
Subject reading html-form parameters within servlet filter on tomcat 4.0.3
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:57:11 GMT
Hi gents,

I am trying to set up a servlet filter which uses the

HttpServletRequest.getParameterNames() and
HttpServletRequest.getParameter(...)

methods.

However, the terminating servlet in the filterchain has to be allowed
access to these methods as well!
Currently, I am confronted with an exception indicating that it is not
allowed to get the ServletInputStream two times.
I suppose I have to set up appropriate HttpServletRequestWrappers.
However I am not quiet sure how that is supposed to be done in this
special case.

Also interessting to note is the fact that tomcat 4.0.3 seems to ignore
the contents of an offered HttpServletRequestWrapper object while
evaluating the getParameter method in the terminating servlet. I would
like do clarify if this behaviour is on purpose (In accordance to the
spevlet 2.3 spec).

Any help or hint would be highly appreciated,

Regards,

Alexander Thomas