tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re[2]: Where is the conf/auto directory in 4.03?
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 16:44:34 GMT
Hello Arnaud,

So, that goes inside any defined <Context> tag?  So every webapp needs
to be mentioned in the Server.xml file with that line inside in order
to generate the auto/mod_jk.conf?  Seems like kind of a pain.  Is there
some way to generate that info while the server is running like in
Tomcat3.3.x? ( %TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\startup.bat -jkconf ).  Also, in
Tomcat3.3.x, you can do <ApacheConfig forwardAll="false" noRoot="true"/>
which will generate a mod_jk.conf where all static content is served
by Apache and dynamic content forwarded to Tomcat.  In addition, it
reads each webapp's web.xml to generate the proper JkMount directives.

Does Tomcat4 contain this functionality?  If not, why not?

Jake

Friday, April 05, 2002, 9:15:25 AM, you wrote:

AH> This file is generated automatically when you declare in your server.xml :

AH>   <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"/>

AH> Arnaud

Best regards,