tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chas <pa...@skinnyhippo.com>
Subject Re: inter-webapp communications
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Thanks for the speedy response, Joseph.

At 18:47 05/04/2002 -0800, Joseph Molnar wrote:
>Generally people are using SOAP or XMLRPC or some other mechanism that would
>constitute being a 'web service'.

Was hoping to avoid SOAP or XMLRPC - they're a bit
beyond the end-developers who'll use my webapp and
it's just that added barrier to entry.

Really, would love for them to be able to integrate
my webapp into their own website with no further
experience other than the ability to write a servlet
(which I know they can).

Have just realized that RequestDispatcher won't cut
it either - because it relies on the called servlet
being within the same context (/...) which isn't the
case with a separate webapp.

Taglibs are certainly looking like the cleanest
mechanism now... but I dislike JSPs myself.

still searching.

thanks again,

chas