tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sayre Robert <say...@rappdigital.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat won't find my web.xml files.
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:09:39 GMT
By visiting the URL given for the DTD, I saw this message:

"The file named http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd
has been renamed to http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd
in the most current version of the specification.
Please update your application to use the new name."

That should do it :)

Robert Sayre
sayrer@rappdigital.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Johnston [mailto:EPA2466@epa.state.il.us]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 5:13 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat won't find my web.xml files.

Thanks for your input Allan.

I plan on trying to deploy using the manager like you said but I haven't had
much luck with the manager.  Do you know of any documentation available on
how to use the manager.  I created a manager user but about all I know how
to do is list running servlets.

However, my problem has appeared to change and I'm not sure why.  It appears
that Tomcat is now parsing my web.xml file and running into errors.  When I
launch catalina I get the following error:

XmlMapper :  Can't find resource for entity -//Sun Microsystems, Inc. //DTD
Web Application 2.3//EN ?> http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd
"null"
PARSE error at line 1 column 1
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:  The markup declarations contained or pointed
to by the document type declaration must be well-formed.

I can't tell if this is an error relating to retrieving the DTD or if my XML
isn't formed properly.  My machine is connected to the internet and I was
able to manually download the DTD from that address.

If you or anyone else has any insight, again I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

-Jason