tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sayre Robert <say...@rappdigital.com>
Subject Configuring Merant SequeLink Drivers with Tomcat
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 01:00:54 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to configure Tomcat to use pooled connections with Tomcat 4.0.3.
and Merant's SequeLink 5 JDBC drivers. I was able to use the JDBC 1.0
methods with no problem, but I'd like to get DataSources, JNDI registration,
etc. working. I'd like to know if the resource type parameter should be
"javax.sql.DataSource" or something vendor-specific like
"com.merant.sequelink.jdbcx.datasource.SequeLinkDataSource". My JNDI
registration seems to work, as I've gotten past the NamingExceptions, but a
line like

DataSource ds = (DataSource) envCtx.lookup("jdbc/myDB");

always returns null. I've tried it with DataSource and SequeLinkDataSource
objects. I must confess I'm a little confused about whether Tomcat 4 and/or
the SequeLink drivers provide a connection pool manager. I'm also unsure
about which class to use for "driverName" and whether to include a Factory
parameter
("com.merant.sequelink.jdbcx.datasource.SequeLinkDataSourceFactory").

Here's a snip from my server.xml file:

 <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"  reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
	<Resource name="jdbc/myDB" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
	<ResourceParams name="jdbc/myDB">

asource.SequeLinkDataSource</value></parameter>

arameter>
	</ResourceParams>
 </Context>

Any help will be greatly appreicated.