tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>
Subject Re: WAR deployment
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:30:11 GMT
On 04/27 00:06 Rick Snide wrote:
> When I place myapp.war in the /webapps directory and do not put a context entry in the
server.xml, the app unpacks when Tomcat starts and works fine.
> When I put a context entry into the server.xml, the app does NOT unpack, and does not
work.
> 1.  Is it possible to access the application in the war file WITHOUT unpacking?

I think to get your webapps working... unpack them manually, and don't put any context in
the server.xml.

BTW, auto-unpack expects that your war files contains no parent directories; ie: if the name
were mywebapp.war, Tomcat would create a directory named mywebapp, and then unjar the war
file inside it. If you want to do it by hand, then create mywebapp directory in ./webapps
and then "jar xvf <anypath>/mywebapp.war" in mywebapp.

Oki