tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Pennington <tompenn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: /index.html works, / doesn't
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:26:53 GMT
I have a similar situation where unless I type the
index.jsp page I get a server not found error.
However I noticed that when I use just the directory
that the request gets redirected to
http://myurl:apache_port/index.jsp.  I was running my
web server on port 83 and since I and behind a
firewall all port 80 traffic gets routed to port 83
but there is no port 83 visible outside the firewall
so an error occurs.  I read some stuff in the Tomcat
users manual about using a proxyPort="80" in the
Connector of your server.xml but I could not get it
working.  The work around I'm using now is I'm running
apache on port 80 and everything works fine.  I don't
know the proper fix but I hope this info may get you
somewhere.

Tom