tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sriram N <sriramx_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hello sir/madam,
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:28:34 GMT

--- ganesh <ganesh@agileone.com> wrote:
> Hello sir/madam,
> We are testing with MYSQL on the remote unix server with the tomcatserver
> loaded on the server.Butwe are not able to access the database.

This is not a Tomcat problem. Looks like you have Tomcat running, and are even
able to connect to the database, since it's returning an authorization error.
> The error we are getting is INvalid authorisation specification Access denied
> for user sal@202.157.156.42 ( Using password:YES)

Please read the MySQL docs. Also the error message clearly states that the
server does not contain any authorization for a user called sal form the IP
address 202.157.156.42.

Please read the MySQL docs on assigning authorizations to users.

> Waiting for your quick reply.
>
> Thanking you.
> ganesh

Sriram