tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aditya <adi...@mighty.grot.org>
Subject Re: Session Tacking across hostnames?
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2002 04:45:39 GMT
Hi Neil,

cookies are bound to the server name, so you can't use cookies (the default
method with Tomcat) to track sessions. If you are not doing form-based realm
authentication, you can use URL rewriting to track the session by setting:

cookies="false"

for the contexts you are serving (you could also do it for the default
context).

I think this is what you are asking.

Thanks,
Adi