tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jing Zhang <isjingzh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Help -- installer for web application
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 23:09:40 GMT

Hi all,

I want to install a java web application(server side). I used free version of InstallAnywhere
to do this before. But since my installer may need more complicated operations, like search
the registery and detect if they have installed the JVM and Tomcat. if not, suggest them to
install, etc. My company do not have the enterprise version of InstallAnywhere, but the InstallShields.

I am not sure which tool I should use for such installer, InstallShield or InstallAnywhere/
or any other suggestions? Thank you very much.

jing