tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Javier A. Leyba" <xle...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: NIGHTMARE
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 18:05:06 GMT
On 08/04/2002 at 10:55 Timlin, Bob wrote:

>But with Tomcat all I have to do after I install a new database is put the
>jdbc driver in the TOMCAT/lib directory.  No re-compiling or re-installing
>of the software.  Why is PHP so difficult to add components after the fact?

Well, it depends what you call "difficult" :)

I don't found difficult to make a ./config and make | make install....

I suppose it's a design concept problem. PHP needs to be compiled with all you want to be
supported, but rarelly you will need to do it more than one time. But, to config a virtual
host in Apache with PHP support is by far more easy than to config a virtual host in Tomcat.

Personally I prefer to have complicated configurations. They give me jobs, money and food
for my family. If configurations are easy and anyone could do it...why somebody will want
to have my professional services ?    =:-)

<jl>