tomcat-users mailing list archives

From hatem zanaty <shang3...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Simple Question (I hope...)
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 23:06:31 GMT

either remove the application test from the manager application and it will run .I does not
work to create application by the server.xml and the manager application at the same time
  "Sefton, Adam" <Adam.Sefton@plc.cwplc.com> wrote: Hi there,

I'm new to Tomcat and to this list, so apologies if this question has already been asked (I've
checked the archives and can't find an answer).

I'm trying to create a new context in server.xml. My current code is:

debug="0" reloadable="true" />

I've also created a directory within webapps called "test", with sub directory WEB-INF and
classes. And within the classes folder is my test class file ("homepage.class").

I've also created a web.xml file and placed it in the WEB-INF directory defining the servlet
mappings for the new servlet (called "homepage"):

greetings
homepage

greetings
/test/please

Using the manager app I've successfully added a new application (called "test") but when I
try to view the servlet, I get a 404 error ... any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Adam Sefton
Applications Developer

This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
without retaining a copy.