tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Fisher <trfishe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Redirecting to a home page after form-based authentication
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:44:36 GMT
Can someone tell me how to accomplish the following:

I am using form-based authentication.

Lets assume the following files exist:
 - login.html
 - home.html
 - page1.html

Both home.html and page1.html are protected so the
user is redirected to the login page if trying to
access those.

Now after a successful form-based login, I want the
user to ALWAYS be routed to the home.html page, not
necessarily the page he was implicitly trying to
access.

For example if he trys to access page1.html, he will
be redirected to login.html.  Upon successful
authentication, I want him to be redirected to
home.html.

I know this can be done.  Just dont remember how.

Sincerely,
Timothy Fisher