tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Girish Venkat <netgu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 3.2.3 - Shutdown command ignored.
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 13:08:53 GMT
Hi,

We are using Tomcat 3.2.3 load balanced through Apache
at the web tier. From time to time, in the logs I have
noticed "Shutdown Command Ignored", and I picked up a
thread somewhere that indicated that this would mean
that somebody is trying to issue a shutdown command
(from web layer through Apache??) that is not locally
generated. Would that be the case? If that is so
should I consider this as a possible security issue?

Any thoughts will help.

Thanks

Gary