tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Allan Kamau <hugebirdwi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat won't find my web.xml files.
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 06:41:28 GMT
Jason,
I may not fully find a solution to your problem as
everything seems right.
I suspect your application may not have be fully
deployed. To deploy an application you need to add a
context in your server.xml. Or you can use Catalina's
manager application to deploy/undeploy a context
without Catalina's shutdown.

You could however narrow down the to the source of
your problem by

1>Shut down Catalina, move you application folder from
the webapps directory. Delete the contents of
Catalina's work directory. Create a new user with role
"manager" in your tomcat-users.xml file in your
catalina conf/ directory.
Start Catalina and deploy your application using the
manager application by logging using the new user
created above (You may learn about the manager
application from your catalina installation)

2> Is your .tld file actually located in the specified
"/WEB-INF/lib/taglib.tld" location in your
application.

Well I hope this works.

Allan Kamau.

--- Jason Johnston <EPA2466@epa.state.il.us> wrote:
> I've been working with Tomcat 4.0.1 and I'm running
> into a major stumbling block.  I can run servlets
> and jsp's letting tomcat default to the default
> web.xml but I can't make my own.
>
> I have the following web.xml:

> <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
>  '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc. //DTD Web Application
> 2.3//EN'
>  'http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd'>
>

> <web-app>
>
>   <servlet>
>   <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
>   <servlet-class>com.onjava.login</servlet-class>
>   </servlet>
>
>   <taglib>
>  <taglib-uri>/onjava</taglib-uri>

<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/taglib.tld</taglib-location>