tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat and JWSDP
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 18:26:54 GMT

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Lenhart Stefan wrote:

> Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:45:29 +0200
> From: Lenhart Stefan <StefanLenhart@rbu.de>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Tomcat and JWSDP
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm trying to develop a small WebService example and therefore use Sun's
> Java WebService Development Pack which has a Tomcat version 4.something
> distribution included.

The version of Tomcat in JWSDP is pretty much what is available in recent
nightly builds of Tomcat 4.

> Packaging the service class into a war file is no problem, and on startup
> Tomcat extracts the war archive to the appropriate subdirectory of webapps.
> No problem so far. But when I'm trying to access the webapp in my browser
> (http://localhost:8080/kredit) I get a 404 error message although I've got
> an index.html file in the /kredit directory.
>
> I checked the log file, and found that on startup this error occurs:

Are you sure you're trying to run this webapp on the JWSDP version of
Tomcat, and not some separate one?  The reason I ask is that the
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper class (used to parse web.xml and
TLD files) only exists in Tomcat 4.0.x -- it doesn't exist in the version
of Tomcat included in JWSDP.  The stack trace implies that you're trying
this on a standard 4.0.x version of Tomcat.

The other thing I would do is look at your web.xml file itself, and make
sure there are no wierd characters in it.

Craig