tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Owens <sha...@portablehole.net>
Subject Re: Security Propagation
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 19:55:40 GMT
I apologize for continuing this thread - but... actually, I am using
Tomcat stand-alone. Tomcat runs on one machine, JBoss on another. I am
not using the integrated setup. That's one reason why I am trying to
investigate this situation, and why I'm writing to the Tomcat list
instead of JBoss.

Maybe I'm not phrasing my question properly: How does Tomcat (or ANY
servlet container for that matter) propagate the security information
for a single session from one JVM (e.g. the servlet runtime) to another
(e.g. the EJB runtime), especially over a network?

I'll try posting on some other forums. Thanks for the replies :-)
-Jason