tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hawkins, Keith (Keith)" <kphawk...@avaya.com>
Subject keytool rejects Verisign certificates !!
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:53:16 GMT

Hello,

When developing our application, we generated our own certificates using by the  Microsoft
CA server.  When then used keytool to create a keystore file containing resulting certificate
so that Tomcat could use the certificate.   This worked fine.

In our integration lab,  we attempt to do the same procedure with certificates issued by Verisign
and the keytool complains that the certificates are not valid  X.509 certificates.

Has anyone experienced this?    What needs to be done to get keytool to accept Verisign issued
certificates?

Thanks,
Keith