tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rick Snide" <rsn...@revolutionsoftware.com>
Subject WAR deployment
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:06:43 GMT
When I place myapp.war in the /webapps directory and do not put a context entry in the server.xml,
the app unpacks when Tomcat starts and works fine.
When I put a context entry into the server.xml, the app does NOT unpack, and does not work.
1.  Is it possible to access the application in the war file WITHOUT unpacking?
2.  Where should the war file be placed to deploy/undeploy using the manager application?
3.  If I deploy using the manager application, does this unpack it, or make it accessible
as a packed war file?
4.  What context entry should I use for /myapp to access this packed war file?