tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Orion Henry <or...@trustcommerce.com>
Subject Tomcat Platform Advice
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:09:30 GMT
I need some advice on installing Tomcat on a generic RedHat Linux 7.2
box.

I noticed that there are 3 stable versions of Tomcat: 3.2.4, 3.3.1, and
4.0.3. I also saw that the JDK I am using 1.3.x from Sun can cause
crashes with 4.0.3.  I also saw there's a number of different apache
connectors and protocols.  This left me wondering what the best way to
configure and install Tomcat would be.

What I need out of this set up stability, security, security and
stability... what is the best version of Tomcat mated with what JVM with
what apache mod_xxx connector?  I don't need any whiz bang features...
the app I am porting was developed on Tomcat 3.0.

Is Tomcat 4.0.3 trustworthy?  Why are there 3 stable versions?  Is the
Sun 1.4 JDK REALLY stable?  Is there a better one?

Oh, as an aside - are there any documents I could read about security
issues with running Tomcat?

	Thanks for you time,
	Orion Henry