tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joel Rees" <j...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>
Subject Re: Help with Apache
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 03:15:17 GMT
Hello Mariano:

You wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mariano" <rukabak@yahoo.com.ar>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 5:33 AM
Subject: Help with Apache

I have the following simple problem with apache runnign under w2k. I have a
directory under c:\program files\apache\htdocs\ called
shop. the thing is when i point to http://myserver/shop i get 404, but if i
try http://myserver/shop/ it works ok. what shou i do to make the first way
work.
thanks in advance
mariano

In the Apache FAQ,

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html

you will find the following answer:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#set-servername

The config file mentioned is usually conf/httpd.conf.

If you have trouble understanding this, you might ask for more information
on an Apache mailing list. You can find Apache mailing lists (and the link
to the FAQ) at

http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html

Joel Rees