tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ted Neward" <tnew...@javageeks.com>
Subject Re: What is different when running tomcat 4 as a service?
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:32:51 GMT
This is because you're likely running from the wrong JRE, as pointed out.
Personally, I like to put a stable copy of the JRE underneath the Tomcat
install directory and change the service-launcher (whatever you're using) to
use that JRE rather than the ones in the JDK directory or the global JRE.
(It also means you can change JDKs on the box without potentially breaking
the one used by Tomcat.)

http://www.javageeks.com/Papers/MultipleJavaHomes for details.

Ted Neward
{.NET || Java} Course Author & Instructor, DevelopMentor
(http://www.develop.com)
http://www.javageeks.com/tneward
http://www.clrgeeks.com/tneward

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Bentzen" <bueno@worldonline.dk>
To: "tomcat-user" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 11:58 AM
Subject: What is different when running tomcat 4 as a service?

HI

I recently tried running my Tomcat 4.0.1 as a service in w2k. (just clicking
the service option when installing). Much to my surprise our webapplication
no longer worked!
Apparantly JAR files placed in jdk extensions directory could not be found
when bootstrapping. (Due to several things which I wont go into here, they
must be there).
Why is this? How do I make it so that they can be found when runnning as a
service? And what else differs when running as a service? Where can I find
updated information about this (for tomcat 4)?

Thanks
Beno