tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter D Wilson" <>
Subject JNDI DataSource Problem: MS SQL Server
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 03:18:39 GMT
Could somebody provide jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3, server.xml + web.xml + java
code,  working fragments similar to those that Eichfelder, Frank provided
earlier today on this mail list. I am using MS SQL Server 6.5, where the
direct DriverManager approach outside of Tomcat works perfectly.

In the JNDI approach under Tomcat, I can list context, "jdbc" in context,
"java:comp/env" and get my ResourceRef, "JobsDataSource" from the default
context in server.xml listed, but I am unable to get a DataSource (or
ConnectionPoolDataSource) returned.

This is a very frustrating exercise!

Thank you for your help,

To unsubscribe:   <>