tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hugh Brien <hpbr...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How many SSL certificates are needed for Tomcat with IIS?
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2002 04:43:49 GMT
What was the error?  Did you search for the error code to see if anyone had
the same problem?  Certs are based on 509 however there are extensions that
different vendors support.
r,
Hugh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hawkins, Keith (Keith)" <kphawkins@avaya.com>
To: "tomcat-user" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 5:46 PM
Subject: How many SSL certificates are needed for Tomcat with IIS?

I generated CSR via Sun's keytool, sent it to verisign, and imported the
resulting certificate into a keystore file.
I tried to get IIS to import this certificate, but it rejects it.  Do I have
to request the certificate from IIS?  Do I need to
have two certificates, one for tomcat and one for IIS?

Thanks,
Keith