tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Gregory" <matthew.greg...@skyleach.com>
Subject Resource Factories, Pools and J2EE/Servlet spec...
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 19:48:24 GMT
First part of my question.

How do I add a URL resource factory in tomcat?  This is from the J2EE
specification section 5.4 and is briefly mentioned in the Servlet
specification, section 9.9.  Possibly other places although I just admit my
knowledge of the servlet spec isn't as thorough as of the J2EE spec.

I had supposed that simply declaring the resource as in:

 <resource-ref>
          <description>
            An implementation of a URL factory with more
     and better functionality for
            portlets than the standard java.net.URL factory.
          </description>
          <res-ref-name>url/Zope</res-ref-name>
          <res-type>java.net.URL</res-type>
          <res-auth>CONTAINER</res-auth>
        </resource-ref>
would be enough to have the resource loaded into the JNDI tree for me, but
evidently that is not the case.  Perhaps I need to add it somewhere in the
server.xml?

Also, how do I add a custom resource factory the JNDI tree and then access
it?

Thanks in advance,
-Matt