tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Bentzen" <>
Subject What is different when running tomcat 4 as a service?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:58:22 GMT

I recently tried running my Tomcat 4.0.1 as a service in w2k. (just clicking the service option
when installing). Much to my surprise our webapplication no longer worked!
Apparantly JAR files placed in jdk extensions directory could not be found when bootstrapping.
(Due to several things which I wont go into here, they must be there).
Why is this? How do I make it so that they can be found when runnning as a service? And what
else differs when running as a service? Where can I find updated information about this (for
tomcat 4)?