tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kriss Weissmann" <k.weissm...@gmx.net>
Subject In wich cases does catatlina need access to application specific classes ???
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 14:06:59 GMT
Hi,

I have a JAXM based web service as war-file with all needed libraries
included. When I access the web service via catalina (4.0.2) as servlet
engine, I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError exceptions. When I put certain
libs (jaxb-rt-1.0-ea.jar, jaxm101ea.jar) in CATALINA\lib or in
CATALINA\common\lib it works.

The tomcat docs -> classloading How-to says that it´s unusual that tomcat
accesses CATALINA\lib and CATALINA\common\lib. But when does Tomcat exactly
need access to application - specific classes?

TIA and greetings from germany
Kriss Weissmann

University of Furtwangen
Faculty Business Computing