tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Fries" <stev...@dezel.com>
Subject Segmentation Fault
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:27:29 GMT
I've looked everywhere in the discussion board and have found no answer to this problem. I
start tomcat and get.......

root@DevU:/usr/local/tomcat/bin# ./startup.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/local/jdk

I try to access http://localhost:8080 from the same server and the page doesn't come up.

Oddly, when I try to shutdown the server, get this message.......

root@DevU:/usr/local/tomcat/bin# ./shutdown.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/local/jdk
Segmentation fault

I noticed someone was able to use the debugger to get it to start up correctly. I followed
the instructions and it worked! But it showed no errors, why the heck is it not starting using
startup.sh?

OS: Linux (Slackware 8.0)
Tomcat Version: 4.0.3
JDK 1.3.1