tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian" <athi...@charter.net>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Object Not Found.. Tomcat won't connect]
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:18:54 GMT
Servername under Apache2 has to be dingo.home:80
grep server.xml for webapp, you find the necessary config there. (See below)

<!-- The MOD_WEBAPP connector is used to connect Apache 1.3 with Tomcat 4.0
       as its servlet container. Please read the README.txt file coming with
       the WebApp Module distribution on how to build it.
       (Or check out the "jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp" CVS repository)

       To configure the Apache side, you must ensure that you have the
       "ServerName" and "Port" directives defined in "httpd.conf".  Then,
       lines like these to the bottom of your "httpd.conf" file:

         LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
         WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
         WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/

       The next time you restart Apache (after restarting Tomcat, if needed)
       the connection will be established, and all applications you make
       visible via "WebAppDeploy" directives can be accessed through Apache.
  -->

  <!-- Define an Apache-Connector Service -->
  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true" appBase="webapps"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set
to -->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" debug="0">

change Apache to dingo.home or dingo.home:80 , I think localhost will also
work, I`m on a different machine right now.
make sure you
apachectl stop

then startup.sh in tomcat/bin

then apachectl start