tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Pyszkowski" <spyszkow...@wp.pl>
Subject Static conent and WARP connector
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:11:25 GMT
Hi,

I am having a problem with serving static content of my webapp. I am using
Tomcat 4.0.3 together with Apache 1.3.22 and WARP connector.

In my environment I need multiple instances of Tomcat and thus I am setting
CATALINA_BASE variable before starting Tomcat. This however seems to be
causing the problem.

If I start tomcat like this every access to a static content in my webapp
ends with an error 404 - resource not available. Only the servlet is
accessible but it doesn't work without the access to other resources as gif
images and html pages.

When I place my webapp in webapps/ directory under CATALINA_HOME and I don't
set CATALINA_BASE everything works fine.

Here is how I deploy webapp in httpd.conf:

WebAppConnection conn      warp  localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy  SLAdmin conn  /SLAdmin

And here is an excerpt from my server.xml file:

  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true" appBase="webapps"
     acceptCount="10" debug="99"/>

    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
      <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">

              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
      driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
      connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@zygmunt:1521:DELTA"
      connectionName="sladmin21"
      connectionPassword="sladmin21"
      userTable="slma_user" userNameCol="slma_usr_shortname"
userCredCol="slma_usr_passwd"
      userRoleTable="slma_role_view" roleNameCol="role_name" />

      <DefaultContext  reloadable="true"/>

      </Host>
    </Engine>

  </Service>