tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "O. Gross - Principio" <gros...@principio.de>
Subject AW: AW: mod_webapp, tomcat 4.0.3, apache 2.0.35 question
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:46:22 GMT
hi again,

a good explanation for setting up tomcat apache integration can be found at:
http://dcb.sun.com/practices/howtos/tomcat_apache.jsp

It works fine at my servers. In the http access.log all the static content
(images at most) is listed. No further path statements for tomcat or apache
configuration (except stuff like virtual hosts) were done.
Do you access the server through the port
(http://hostname:8080/anydir/something.jsp)? When configured right this is
not useful since tomcat would deliver all content (omit ":8080").

greetings
olaf

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Georg Huettenegger [mailto:georg@ist.org]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. April 2002 09:28
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: mod_webapp, tomcat 4.0.3, apache 2.0.35 question

hi,

this does work but now all requests are forwarded to tomcat (making the
whole setup useless). maybe i am missing an important point. still tahnx
for the answer but the question remains: how to setup apache + mod_webapp
so that /images gets handled by apache and /servlet by tomcat with tomcat
seeing the /servlet in the uri.

bye,
  georg