tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Gabdullin" <...@texrus.com>
Subject Tomcat corrupts file during download
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 06:14:31 GMT
We have Standalone Tomcat 4.0 installed.
When our server was directly connected to cable modem and had only one
IP address X.X.X.X Tomcat worked fine. Problems appeared after we
installed a new router. After router installation, the server got 2 IP
addresses X.X.X.X (external, associated with the domain name) and
Y.Y.Y.Y (LAN address). To locate the source of the problem we used a
100Mb zip archive and download it using "http://server_ip/test.zip" URL.
When we address Tomcat via internal address Y.Y.Y.Y, it works fine. The
files are downloaded corrupted, if the Tomcat is addressed from the LAN
via the external address X.X.X.X. The first supposition is that the
files get corrupted by the router. We tried downloading that file at the
same address via Microsoft Internet Information Server 5.0, which is
installed at port 81. The file was downloaded without any problems. We
stopped Tomcat and ran Apache - the file was also downloaded without
problems. Taking into account all said above, we decided that the
problem is not in the router.
Perhaps the problem is not completely in Tomcat, but the situation when
in equal conditions IIS and Apache work fine and Tomcat creates problems
speaks to itself.

Best regards,
Dan