tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Williamson" <ja...@nameonthe.net>
Subject Re: Apache serving static content
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:18:42 GMT
Gabriel,

I wrote a quick patch a while ago for mod_webapp that lets you
specify patterns to ignore (i.e. the request never sees Tomcat).
 So apply the patch and recompile, and  in your httpd.conf file use
WebAppIgnore directives to tell mod_webapp which patterns to ignore.

i.e.
WebAppIgnore *.html
WebAppIgnore /cgi-bin/*

I haven't thoroughly tested it so would be pleased to know
how you get on. Please find the patch attached. I would submit
to the developers except I need to fix a few problems with it
(You must put the WebAppIgnore's after you've declared your application).

Regards,

James Williamson

www.nameonthe.net
UK Tomcat Hosting

----- Original Message -----
From: Gabriel Maffia <gmaffia@technisys.net>
To: Tomcat Users List Service <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 5:07 PM
Subject: Apache serving static content

Hello Again:

I know I can be kinda annoying, but I really need to know if someone could
make mod_webapp + warp configuration to serve only dynamic content, and
apache serve only the static content.
 If not, does anyone know where can I find a reference for mod_webapp?
Because it seems like there is no detailed documentation on how to use it.

Thanks a LOT!

Gabriel Maffia