tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cheng Yan" <cya...@attbi.com>
Subject Question about "Tomcat-Apache HOWTO"
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:05:29 GMT
According to an article "Tomcat-Apache HOWTO" on
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-apache-howto.html :

QUOT.
======
When Tomcat starts up it will automatically generate a configuration file
for Apache in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/jserv/tomcat-apache.conf. Most of the time
you don't need to do anything but include this file (appending "Include
TOMCAT_HOME/conf/jserv/tomcat-apache.conf") in your httpd.conf.
========
UNQUOT.

However, when I start tomcat on my machine, everything seems fine except
that I do not see file "tomcat-apache.conf". I assume that TOMCAT_HOME is
the same as CATALINA_HOME, right? I don't even see a subdir call jserv. Is
this normal?

BYW, my machine is ultra-sparc 1 running Solaris 8. I can visit
http://localhost:8080, though. And there are only following files under my
$CATALINA_HOME/conf:

% cd $CATALINA_HOME/conf
% ls