tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allen Harper" <>
Subject linux servlet -> /etc/passwd authentication
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 20:37:15 GMT
I am playing with trying to get a tomcat servlet to get username and
password from a user and authenticate with the underlying linux
/etc/passwd /etc/shadow file.  I have looked into JAAS, it only seems to
support NT, database, and flat text file authentication.  From what I
can tell, it may not exist.  Have you seen anything on this or have any
ideas of how to make it work?
If I have to, I will turn off shadowing for this application...
Examples of code would be greatly appreciated.