tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ryan" <ry...@trekalliance.com>
Subject tomcat 4.03 with apache 1.3
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 00:46:01 GMT
I am integrating tomcat 4.03 with apache 1.3x, Iam using the mod_webapp
connector.
I have these lines in my httpd.conf:
LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples

When i go to servername/examples it brings up the index of my
webapps/examples.  Everything functions correctly.  I was wondering is there
a way to set it up so I have more control over that context.  Such as
limiting directory listings or indexes?
Also is there a way to set up a default document root for the context?  I
have tried the virtual host set up but I want to have my default document
root for my html and a default for each tomcat context all under the same
servername.  So www.domain.com takes me to my index.html.  While
www.domain.com/examples takes me to say
pathtotomcat/webapps/examples/index.jsp.????

thanks
ryan