tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Gabdullin" <...@texrus.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat corrupts file during download
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 10:55:28 GMT
Hello

>If this problem indeed exists, then it is a JVM problem. Tomcat
obviously
>can't make a difference it is sending bytes on the LAN or on a WAN, and
>doesn't do anything unusal when it comes to bytes output.
>That being said, some people are actually using TC on the internet
without
>corruption or any problem, so I think even if you think it is not your
>fault, it is a configuration issue on your side. I'm regularly closing
bug
>4668 for that reason.
When I use Tomcat from the Internet I don't have the problem with
corruption either. The bug appears only when I connect from the LAN to
the server in the same network using Tomcat's WAN IP address. This is
not a common situation and it doesn't really spoil the work. I can
always connect using LAN server IP address. But the bug is in Tomcat for
sure. I used IIS and Apache and no problems appeared. I tried to use
Jetty, which is 100% pure Java HTTP server, and it didn't corrupt the
file either, so the problem is not in JVM.
I don't think that the problem lies in network configuration. In such a
case none of the above servers would have worked.

Best regards,
Dan