tomcat-users mailing list archives

From julie.f.mcc...@jpmorgan.com
Subject JDBC Relam, Tomcat 4.0.1, JDK1.3.1_02, Sybase issues?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:41:11 GMT
Hello,

I am using Tomcat 4.0.1,  JDK1.3.1_02, Sybase for user authenication, when
I start Transmit I receive the following error from the jdbc driver

java.sql.SQLException: JZ001: User name property 'user_dbo:password=pass_dbo' too long. Maximum
length is 30.

In the server.xml I have

 <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
  driverName="com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver"  digest="SHA"
  connectionURL="
jdbc:sybase:Tds:server:port/dbname?user=user_dbo;password=pass_dbo"
       userTable="realmUsers" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="
user_pswd"
         userRoleTable="realmRoles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

I have done some searches on this but found little - any ideas?

Thanks
Julie.

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.