tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: server.xml - Multiple Contexts for a Single WebApp
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:43:35 GMT

see intermixed.

annie.frost@e-peopleserve.com on 03/08/2002 08:50:14 AM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

To:   tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc:

Subject:  server.xml - Multiple Contexts for a Single WebApp

I am trying to duplicate an issue that I am having when I have Apache
connected to Tomcat, on Tomcat alone.

My Web Application is crashing when I have two entry points into the
Application, for example:
http://hostname
http://hostname/webappname

Is there a way to set up two Contexts that point to a Single Web
Application
(basically mocking the Apache Alias)?

According to the Documentation, each Context must have a unique Context
Path.  I am hoping there is a way to fake the system out and allow for two
entries into the Application with only Tomcat running.

Each Context must have a *unique* context path which is defined by the
"path" attribute. The path attribute is what the user types in the URL to
access the appropriate web application. The "docBase" attribute *need not*
be unique. It points to the directory where the application resides on your
filesystem.

For example (server.xml):
        <Context path=""
                 docBase="../../../../abewebapp"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="false"
                 trusted="false"/>
        <Context path="/abewebapp"
                 docBase="../../../../abewebapp"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="false"
                 trusted="false"/>

This crashes the system... because the two docbases are not unique.
I don't think this is the problem. What system are you running Tomcat on?

Is there another way to configure this??

Thanks,
Annie