tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jarecsni János <jarecsni.ja...@chello.hu>
Subject Tomcat 4.0.2 hangs
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2002 13:59:30 GMT
Hi,

we noticed that after a few days of flawless operation, tomcat hangs right
in the middle of generating a JSP. (Debian Linux, 2.x kernel, Tomcat 4.0.2
with Apache 1.3.x, SunJDK 1.4.0). Is it a known issue?

When I tried to stop JBoss (which runs tomcat in embedded mode), with
issuing kill -9 PID, one of the threads stays running. So tomcat hangs in a
way that it cannot even be killed.

Formerly we used JBoss 2.4.1 with Tomcat 3.2.3 and it ran for weeks without
any problems. BTW, we must use the 1.4.0 JDK since TC 4.0.2 caused the
1.3.1_02 VM to crash.

Should I download a new version of Tomcat?

cheers,
János