tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Keith Ng" <>
Subject TOMCAT 4.0.2 server crash
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:19:16 GMT

I set up my tomcat server from home and then went to school to try access.
for a while it was ok, but after repeatly doing many database queries and
processing, suddenly i wasnt able to access the server. It returned a
gateway timeout error. I den went home just now and realise the Tomcat does
window is gone. I went to the log and track the following.

=========== - - [01/Mar/2002:13:43:45 8000] "GET
/ps/jscripts/validateRegister.js HTTP/1.1" 304 - - - [01/Mar/2002:13:43:46 8000] "GET
/ps/jscripts/validateAdvSearch.js HTTP/1.1" 304 -
// is my school's pc ip. its the last GET request - - [01/Mar/2002:16:11:07 8000] "GET /ps/css/PSCSS.css HTTP/1.1"
304 -

2002-03-01 13:42:40 jsp: init
2002-03-01 13:42:40 jsp: init
2002-03-01 13:43:27 jsp: init
2002-03-01 13:43:29 jsp: init
2002-03-01 13:43:45 jsp: init

after this supposedly there is no more request from school pc
i went home and found tomcat server dos window gone

as u can see, there is no clear wat has happened at all. Is there any other
logs i have missed regarding the auto shutdown of tomcat? Can anyone tell me
wat could have happened to cause tomcat to auto shutdown? Thanks...

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>