tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jarecsni János <jarecsni.ja...@mhc.hu>
Subject Apache + Tomcat
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:56:56 GMT
Hi,

I use Apache in front of a Tomcat application. In Apache's config there's
the following:

    RewriteRule !^/myAppContext(.*) - [C]
    RewriteRule (.*) http://bookline/myAppContext$1 [P]

This works fine (I can omit the application context from the urls, Apache
will supply it and proxyies it to itself for another processing cycle). BUT:
because of this "trick", from within a servlet if I call
request.getRemoteAddr(), I always get the address of the webserver instead
of the remote host from which the user is connected. Any hints?

TIA,
János

--
Jarecsni, János
MORGAN HILL CONSULTING, Internet Applications Unit