tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Lines-Davies" <...@spd.sonybpe.com>
Subject FW: jspInit and load-on-startup
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 15:21:02 GMT
Hello

I would like to have a JSP page loaded by Tomcat 3.3 when it starts up.

I have added <load-on-startup> to the web.xml file and my JSP page looks
like this:

<%@ page import="java.io.*" contentType="text/xml" %>
<%!
public void
Init(){
        System.out.println("Hello World");
}
%>
<%
        System.out.println("Normal call");
        out.println("<HTML>Hi there</HTML>");
%>

I assumed that when Tomcat starts, I would see the "Hello World" message
displayed in my Tomcat console window. Instead, I see a message saying
"LoadOnStartupInterceptor: Initializing JSP with JspWrapper".

If I then make a browser call to this JSP page I get

Hello World
Normal call

and subsequent calls just give "Normal call".

I guess I have misunderstood what <load-on-startup> is for....?

regards

Mark Lines-Davies

The information contained in this message or any of its
attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you are not the
addressee any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other
dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited