tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: Just trying to get things stright...
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:52:25 GMT
Partly Wrong.

With the HttpConnector you can use tomcat as a stand alone web server.
So this hasn't much to do with apache. (It's just a replacement for
apache if you don't need the features of apache)

The web_app module connects apache with tomcat.
To use mod_webapp you need some settings in httpd.conf. have a look at:

http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/305

<snip/>
>   If I want apache to handle all html, php, cgi requests, I use:
>
> className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
<snip/>
>   And if I want the web_app module to handle "java" request I use:
> classname="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
<snip/>