tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Makower <dave...@mac.com>
Subject Re: IE 5 on Mac is incompatible with TC 4?
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:01:51 GMT
On 3/8/02 11:36 AM, "Anders Rundgren" <anders.rundgren@telia.com> wrote:
> 2. Actually, we do absolutely nothing but "request.getSession()" which
> triggers the session-mechanism according to my fellow developer.  I.e.
> we don't handle cookies ourselves, we rely on Tomcat's handling which
> has worked fine until we started to mess with Mac and IE 5.

Perhaps there is something in the configuration of your server (server.xml),
or its default webapp settings (conf/web.xml), or the configuration of your
webapp (WEB-INF/web.xml) that is causing the session cookie to be set as a
secure cookie.

> Note, we don't switch between HTTP and HTTPS, but you are right in your
> comment.

If you're only responding to HTTPS, then you probably don't need to set the
Secure flag on the cookie anyway.  I would bet that if you can find a way to
get tomcat not to set that flag, your problem may go away.