tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: [Dim Question] Redirecting GET http://blah.com/ resource -> G ET /resource - Tomcat 4
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:04:32 GMT

	The HTTP Protocol says requests must be formatted as:
GET /resource....

and you are sending:
GET http://server/....

and you want to know if these should be reformatted before they get to
Tomcat?  The should be reformatted before they are sent!  I would guess that
your proxy can't deal with HTTP requests on non-standard ports.  Probably
the only way to solve this without recoding the proxy would be to run Tomcat
on port 80 (the standard).

	However, the question remains as to why you are even trying to use a
proxy for this - Tomcat 4's filters give you a good opportunity to read and
log all parts of the request.

	Randy